There. Now that the dust is off this blog, maybe my readers will finally see something posted on here. Being a writer is a delicate thing. At least for me it is. Life can easily get in the way. Through December, my family decided to cut back on internet time so I didn't do much writing. Being sick, too, brought more time with the Kleenex box than with anything or anyone else, but I think I'm baaaaack.
Here's an update on how things stand with all things writing related:
- The Miting (Amish fiction book 1)- working on chapter 11 revisions--headed for finishing the revisions within a week or two. After that, the edits will begin with the publishing company I'm contracted with.
- The Powerful Odor of Mendacity- ready to begin edits, and when those are finished, I will put together a book proposal to send to my agent, Terry Burns.
- The Way Out (book 2 of Amish fiction series)- Outlined and half written.
- Falling Off the Belief (book 3 in the Amish fiction series)-in my head and being simmered. The basic story-line is set, but I have to get it on paper and outlined.
- Prairie--Six thousand words written and clamoring for more attention from my pea brain.The manuscripted family hasn't made it out of Ohio yet, but at least they have joined a wagon train. *smile*
I am still writing Dee's News for Mission to Amish People, and am also getting our little church's weekly bulletin together for each Sunday. So I guess I AM still working, but the going has been like treacle: thick and slooooow.
I hope 2013 is the year I finish many projects and get started on new ones, too. Happy New Year, readers! And thank you for being patient and continuing to read my stuff!
Looking forward to watching your progress. And praying. And you got dust in my eye!!!! ;)
Thanks for your encouragement, Jo! And yes--dust is a-flying around here so you have to wear protective eye gear. :)
It probably does one well to take a blogging break. I haven't really done it since I started blogging 3 1/2 years ago. I've slowed down at times, but I often think about taking a break.
In any case it's good to see something coming from your blog. Sounds like you've been making some good writing progress.
Tossing It Out
Post a Comment