I received the "Honest Scrap" award from Catrina Bradley. (Thanks, Cat!) So I'm supposed to list ten HONEST things about myself...hmmm. Lemme think...OK. Here are ten:
1. I'm a night owl. People are seriously prejudiced against night owls. Are they just jealous?! If I had my way, the world wouldn't start until at LEAST 10 AM.
2. I often get bored in church. It's the format that kills me. (Notice: I did not say that GOD bores me--there IS a difference!) I honestly admire and respect people who love church. I've been trying to figure out how to be like them all of my life.
3. I really dislike white "chocolate". Please! It is NOT real chocolate, in my humble opinion. It is slimy vanilla candy.
4. I was raised Pentecostal--and I don't think I'm too abnormal. Am I?
5. The ex-Amish inspire me with their work ethic and their ability to adapt. They never give up.
6. As hard as I try, I just can't keep up with Facebook! I get easily confused and simply ignore many requests--oh dear. I'm so sorry to those of you who send me many requests.
7. If my hubby is gone for the night, I suddenly "hear" a bazillion weird noises in my house. I'm on hyper-alert mode on those nights. Good thing he is rarely gone at night.
8. My son is an amazingly caring and sweet young man. He hasn't had a single rebellious teen year yet. (I'm always wondering if that will happen someday--overnight!)
9. I eat broccoli, but I really don't like it. Unless it is slathered in cheese sauce. I think that ruins its nutritional value, right?
10. I have always felt a presence of God. Even as a child. I have the most trouble understanding those who say they never thought of God until their spiritual eyes were opened at some point. I sometimes try to imagine what that feels like...I ask a lot of nosey questions of people who tell me that...but I just can't imagine it. And, I talk Him all day long. But, I wouldn't call it a formal prayer. I even ask Him things out loud. Maybe I AM abnormal. OK. I am.
So, did any of my honest answers surprise you? Here are the blogs I'd like to honor with this award:
Yvonne Blake at My Back Door: Yvonne is a great advisor and she has MANY tips and good stories on her blog.
Patty Wysong at Patterings: Peej is as honest as they come, and her posts about being a mom and wife are always fun and thought-provoking to read.
Pat Guy at Pat's Porch: Pat has a MOST refreshing blog--and the background music is soothing and dreamy.
Josh Janoski at Just Joshing: Josh is funny and VERY honest. (And he happens to be planning an up-coming wedding, too.)
Sara Harricahran at Fiction Fusion: Sara is the most imaginative and creative and prolific writer I know! She delights with her sci-fi and fantasy fiction.